If you failed to register a Fantasy Premier League team ahead of the Gameweek 1 deadline, all is not lost. In fact, you could now have a distinct advantage over your FPL mini-league rivals.
While fellow managers will have second-guessed Premier League managers’ opening day line-ups, hoping to identify that budget breakthrough defender or the stellar summer signing who hits the ground running, you can register a squad now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited free transfers before the Gameweek 2 deadline of 11:00 BST Saturday 19 September. So while your peers will be using their free transfers, taking points hits or even using their Wildcard(!), you’ll have a fresh-looking team with all your chips intact.
- Build your squad using the £100m budget with players who a) are confirmed starters in Premier League matches, b) score the most FPL points in Gameweek 1, and c) receive the bonus points.
- If you opt to fill your squad exclusively with the highest FPL points-scorers from Saturday’s matches, it’s likely you’ll benefit from price rises before the Gameweek 2 deadline. With a little bit more money in the bank, that extra £0.5m could prove invaluable.
- Manchester City and Manchester United begin their seasons in Gameweek 2 so if you wanted a midfield of Kevin De Bruyne, Bruno Fernandes, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford, now’s your chance.
- Establish if there are players who are playing out of position, e.g. a defender playing in a more advanced attacking-midfield position. Consider signing them up for increased points potential at both ends of the pitch.
- You can still join all the mini-leagues that started scoring points in Gameweek 1 but also invite friends and colleagues to join a league that starts scoring in Gameweek 2. A win-win situation!
So, register your team now, follow today’s Premier League action and start tinkering with your squad once those points roll in.
Register your team now at fantasy.premierleague.com before the GW2 deadline of 11:00 BST 19 September.