President Mnangagwa has announced new national lockdown measures with immediate effect following a surge in Covid-19 infections in the country.
The latest measures are for 14 days subject to review.
- Industry and commerce to open from 8am to 3.30pm.
- A night time curfew from 6pm to 6am.
- Industry to decongest workplaces to 40 percent with the rest working from home.
- Commercial transport to remain operational but observing all Covid-19 protocols.
- Intercity movement is prohibited except for production and movement of food and medicines.
- Travellers from countries with alpha and delta variants will be quarantined and tested on the first, fifth and tenth day at their own expense.
- Ministers and legislators will be dispatched to their constituencies to educate people on the vaccination programmes.